McArthur Audiology is proud to provide Cochlear Hearing Implants
Cochlear implants work differently than hearing aids. Hearing aids help many
people by making the sounds they hear louder. Unfortunately, as hearing loss
progresses, sounds not only need to be made louder, they need to be made clearer.
Cochlear implants can help give you that clarity, especially in noisy environments.
Cochlear Implants can help:
• Adults with moderate to profound hearing loss in both ears
• Children, 12 months or older, with severe to profound hearing
loss in both ears
Will a Cochlear Implant help you?
Ask yourself the following questions. If you answer “yes” to any of them,then a cochlear implant may be right for you.
• Do you struggle to hear conversations, ask people to repeat themselves in
a noisy restaurant or even in a quiet room?
• Do you depend on your spouse or lip-reading to understand a conversation?
• Do you avoid social activities because you don’t know what’s being said?
• Are you exhausted at the end of the day from trying to communicate?
• Are you having a hard time keeping up at work?
• Is it hard for you to talk on the phone?
It’s time to get back the sounds you’ve been missing. Don’t wait to start living
your life to the fullest. Schedule an appointment with a Hearing Implant Specialist
and learn if a cochlear implant is right for you.